A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) - George R.R. Martin 10 stars One of the best books I have ever read. This book is the best in the series so far. I loved every page, every paragraph. GRRM rewards readers who have stuck through the pain and the length and quite a bit of detail on the history and background of the characters is provided. There are so many big reveals in this book, I think if I had put status updates for each reveal every one of my status updates would have been, “WTF?!” Yes, there is pain and loss in this book and GRRM raises the description of gore and violence to a level I did not imagine was possible. But despite the pain and the violence, I cannot wait to read Feast of Crows. And wow all the events have happened and been put in play because Petyr/Littlefinger wanted Cat and plotted to get her husband killed. I was very dissapointed for Jon that he didn't go to Winterfell. But so nice to have Ghost back. I just wish Arya could be reunited with her wolf; I am sure it is coming. It was also very frustrating to have Bran and Jon so close yet never meet and Arya and her mother so close and never meet. The deaths of the Hound, the Mountain, and Joffrey were very very satisfying. Perhaps the Hound appears to redeem himself and yes he has had a horrible life, but ultimately he is not a good actor and I am glad to see him gone.