Again

Again - Diana Murdock I won a copy of Again from LibraryThing’s Early Reviewer group. I feel lucky to have won this b/c it was a great quick and easy read. This is a romance set in two periods of time and the story goes back and forth between the historical portion of the story and the modern story. The author developed the main character very well in both the historical story and the modern story. She (in both settings) is likeable and complex. There is a reincarnation theme running through this story – will the couple get another chance together? Will the heroine make the same mistakes again? Are people drawn to each other over and over again throughout time? I also enjoyed seeing the modern marriage of the heroine – her marriage is falling apart, she is not happy but neither her or her husband wants it to end. The dynamics are interesting to read. Additionally, there is a destructive friendship that the heroine (in the modern day portion of the story) has to work her way through – very interesting stuff. I would recommend this story for readers who enjoy modern day fiction with a dash of something added to it. It was an enjoyable and quick read but surprisingly made me think about what if and possibilities of change across time and lifetimes.