Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1)

Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich I didn't finish this, I was listening to the audio and stopped about 1/5 of the way in. The main character is very similar to Stephanie Plum -- except she can cook and has blonde hair. Her physical description, her style of dress, her voice, her experience with men/boys (a failed engagement v. Stephanie's failed marriage both failed in "comical" ways). The main character has a side kick that is goofy and off the charts but so not interesting -- it made me miss Lula. The main character inherits a house -- just like Joe in the Plum series and a main character did in Evanovich's Overboard. Diesel was just not interesting and seemed to be a combination of Ranger and Joe. Diesel was more interesting in the "in between" Plum novels. Evanovich obviously has a formula and she sticks with it. It appears from her last few "in between" Plum books and this book that she she wants to capitalize on the popularity of urban fantasy books, but this book is just so uninteresting. Not worth purchasing or the time to listen/read.