Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid 4)

Succubus Heat - Richelle Mead What is it about the way Richelle Mead writes, that she is able to perfectly capture the pain of a romantic break-up? She somehow is able to make me relive the pain of feeling cut-off from a loved one, abandoned and dejected – it ain’t good! Thank goodness there is an interesting story woven in through this pain. Fans of Mead and Georgina, if you have stuck through this series for the first three books, you will want to read Succubus Heat. There is a payoff to the series and it is done quite well – readers have to pay for the little reward dishes out, but it is worth it. Readers are also additionally rewarded -- without spoiling too much, I will say that characters from previous books return.I don’t remember Vampire Academy being this funny, maybe I didn’t get the humor in that series but the Georgina Kincaid series is damn funny. I started marking quotes, but there were just too many of them. I think one of the appeals of this series is that because of Georgina’s role as a succubus, readers are able to suspend their judgment of her sexual activity – after all, Georgina has to fulfill certain requirements or she will suffer in Hell. Rarely in mainstream urban fantasy books are female characters having so much sex with so many different men in such an unabashed way –this suspension of judgment is appealing. But of course it only exists within the confines of this series. And I guess there is judgment in the end, Georgina judges herself. But I find myself wondering -- can we accept her judgment? After all, she isn't just messing around, people's lives are shortened due to their interaction with her.Questions continue to be not answered. Who is the guy in the dream? Will the dream come true? Does Georgina deserve better? Why the heck does Carter care so much? How can someone who is working for demons and hell be so good? How can she be good if in the end she is shortening thousands of mens lives? Why is Georgina reliving the same romance over and over again throughout the ages? Why is she attracted to the good ones? And what I am dying to know – when will she reveal her true form to Seth and what will he think? At the close of Heat, Georgina makes several changes in her life. This book is a worthwhile read. The narration continues to be fabulous, I highly recommend listening to this series.