Hold Me Closer, Necromancer

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer - Lish McBride This book is so much fun. If you think (like I did before I started this book) that urban fantasy has done everything it can and there is no book that can take on urban fantasy in a fresh and interesting way - -then you need to try this book. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer has what you would expect of an urban fantasy series: werewolves, harbringers, necromancer, witches, supernatural councils, misunderstood power, dragons (yup!), gnomes (uh huh!), ghosts, zombies, the fae, and one higher entity demon type creature. It also includes a group of young adult friends (some in college and some not) and very very funny dialogue. Even though the book is funny and light, it also has a darker side. The magic at work is dark and grim. But Sam, the main character, comments on everything happening in a sarcastic and funny way. Bitter and sweet together. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer was exactly what I needed both to give me hope that I am still a fan of the urban fantasy genre and to just have fun with a book. I recommend this book for fans of urban fantasy genre and young adult books.