Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)

Blood Promise - Richelle Mead This is my favorite in the series. Warning this review contains spoilers. The setting of this book is richly developed and so fun to read. Abe and Dmitri's grandmother add so much to the story line. I think I laughed out loud several times when Rose was "communicating" with Dmitri's grandmother. The scene where Rose had to carry the heavy boxes that turned out to contain bricks was just a great way to lighten a sad time in Rose's life. Seeing Dmitri's family was in a way like seeing Dmitri and I am glad Mead took the story line to Russia. Dmitri kidnapping Rose has to be the highlight of this book, it was so satisfying to finally *find* Dmitri and to have Rose and Dmitri engage in their battle. While initially Rose was not strong enough to overcome her love and Dmitri's power, eventually she uses her wits and instincts to get out of the situation that Dmitri has trapped her in. I couldn't help but root for Rose and feel proud for her. And I loved the ending, in a way a sort of climax with Dmitri's "love" note. What a great way to develop his strigoi character. Even though he is now one of the undead, he still feels the pull to Rose. When I finished this book, I could not wait to move on to Spirit Bound.