The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers -- Giveaway and Guest Blog!

The Story Guy - Mary Ann Rivers

There are some romances that make a reader smile. There are some romance novels that steam up glasses. And there are romances that make a reader cry from joy and again from sadness and then again from joy. The Story Guy is all of these and more. I could not put this book (or my kindle ..) down. There are are some romances where everything is too easy. There are some romance novels that end almost too perfectly happy and the problems just disappear. And then there are some romance novels that purposely break your heart. The Story Guy is none of of these. It is an emotional ride, it is beautiful and it is rewarding - but never easy or convenient.

Novellas do not often completely suck me in, but The Story Guy did. From the first page I was in this world; I was invested and I could not (and did not want to) let go. In her guest blog post at Badass Book Reviews, author Mary Ann Rivers discusses the challenges and benefits of writing a novella compared with a full length novel. She admits it is challenging but in a novella she can take risks as a writer. Those risks paid off in The Story Guy

The set up is not entirely new and but yet it is completely unique. The main character Carrie is a working woman with strong friendships but not in a romantic relationship. She is stuck in a rut and cannot seem to get out. To pass her insomnia, late at night she reads personal ads online, one night -- one of these ads catches her eye. This is where the unique begins.

The dialogue in The Story Guy is smart, intellectual and witty. I want Carrie and her friends to be my friends. The importance of a strong backdrop to the romance means that the story was so much richer and more complex. While the romance was the focus, the story was rich because of the characters beyond just the hero and heroine.

Read The Story Guy. You will not be disappointed.

For a chance to win an ebook copy of this novella, come play at Badass Book Reviews

Source: http://badassbookreviews.com/blog-tour-guest-blog-post-and-giveaway-the-story-guy-by-mary-ann-rivers